RS Renewables provide project feasibility studies for all types of renewable energy projects. These studies use many information sources including, maps, aerial imagery and government databases.
Whilst there are many sources of aerial imagery of almost anywhere, it is often several years out of date and of low resolution. Using a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) we can capture multiple high resolution images and stitch them together using specialist software to produce up-to-date high resolution aerial imagery of existing infrastructure and new sites.
Using UAVs to capture aerial imagery results in 10x the detail available with commercial aerial imagery.
The imagery can be used to take accurate measurements for planning and design, and with further processing produce DXF files for use with CAD and 3D models. The geo-referenced TIFF files and digital terrain models can be loaded into any GIS system and merged with other data sources such as OS opendata to produce current customised maps and plans.
- Up-to-date aerial imagery of a site
- Higher resolution than commercially available aerial imagery (from 5cm to 1cm/pixel depending on requirement)
- CAD ready data available as DXF and Shapefile
- GIS ready data available as GeoTiff, LAS, OBJ and XYZ
- 3D models including contours and spot heights
- Lower cost than traditional ground-based topographical surveys
By using aerial surveys you can:
- Identify and quantify changes in landscape between surveys
- Track the progress of construction projects over time
- Estimate vegetation heights for solar shading calculations and wind shielding
- Produces site contours at custom intervals
- Integrate aerial survey data with other sources such as Ordnance Survey base maps using GIS software
RS Renewables are in possession of a current Permission for Commercial Operation (PfCO) – CAA ID 2262, from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and are fulling insured to carry out aerial surveys using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and obtain a quotation.